Recipe for paleoish frittata.

I told someone on Instagram that I would post this recipe. I need to actually do it before I forget. I get nervous when I post recipes because most of the time I just throw a bunch of stuff together and sometimes it turns out amazing. I get scared that someone will try to make if and it will be super gross or something and I will feel bad that they invested their time and ingredients. I will try my hardest to describe accurately what I did. 


What you need 

-chopped chicken sausage (I like aidells brand) about 3 I think. 
-1 sweet potato chopped into small pieces
-1 leek, chopped
-1 head of broccoli cut I to small florets
-7ish eggs
-coconut oil
-salt, chili powder, and cumin. 
 
The first thing I did was brown some chopped chicken sausage in some coconut oil in an oven safe pan.  Remove sausage from pan then add 1 whole sweet potatoe (cut up into little pieces). Add a pinch of salt and a little more oil and cook that stirring frequently for a couple minutes, add one cut up leek and 1 cut up head of broccoli. Add a pinch of salt again. Mix about 7 (random number but it was all the eggs I had) eggs in a bowl with a little chili powder and cumin. Add some more oil to the pan and then add the eggs. Move they pan around a little to evenly distribute the eggs. Now here is the part that makes it paleoish and not strict paleo, I sprinkled some Italian cheese blend on top.  You could probably put some cashew meal or finely food processed cauliflower on top instead and it will still have that nutty/cheesy flavor. Then place it the Oven at 350 for about 20 minutes. You want to eggs to just set up but not overcook around the edges. 

Getting it out of the pan is a little tricky. I suppose you don't even need to do that just cut pieces right out of the pan. It got Sean to help me and we just loosened the edges and slid it out using spatulas. 

This is a fun recipe because you can play with you ingredients a bit it it will still be delicious. Try it with asparagus, or a little curry (if you haven't tried curry in eggs you haven't lived!!) You could use bacon instead of sausage. The possibilities are endless!! It made ordinary ingredients seem a little fancy, which is perfect for a Sunday morning breakfast 😆




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting

Turning over a new leaf

Surgery