Crock Pot Chicken

Ok, so I went to make this chicken the other day and suddenly realized that I had no onions!!! WTF...How did that happen? Anyways...I went ahead and made the chicken anyways because 1. it was the middle of the night (what can I say, I work the night shift) 2. I really needed the meat for another recipe I was making. So this is how you make delicious crock pot chicken. Usually when I make a chicken in the crock pot I am going to use the meat for something else. In my opinion, it is not as tasty as roasting it in an oven. But this time it turned out really good! It could have been the centerpiece of a meal!

What you will need:
-1 Whole organic chicken (I get mine from costco) I have no idea how much it weighed...sorry...
-Lots of salt (like a couple tablespoons)...and I know what you are thinking, that seems like alot of salt, and it is for 1 meal. But depending on how many mouths you have to feed This chicken is going to make 3 or 4 meals. So dont worry about the salt.
-A pinch of pepper
-Some fresh, finely chopped parsely
-5 garlic cloves
and thats it!
-1 apple cut into sliced
-1/2 onion roughly chopped (but like I said before I didnt have the onion and it was fine)

Ok, so the first thing I did was take the guts out of the chicken (it comes with the inerds in a bag inside. And dont be afraid to get intimate with your chicken, you bought it!! The next thing you do is shower the chicken with salt...really coat the inside and outside with salt. Sprinkle some pepper on the outside. Then take the parsely and smear it all over the inside and outside of the chicken. Shove the entire apple and a couple garlic cloves inside the chicken. Line the bottom of the pot with onion and the place the chicken in the crock pot. Shove some garlic in between the body and the wings and legs. The more garlic the better! Set the crock pot to low for 5 1/2 hours...and leave it alone. I seriously think that is why it turned out so good, I just went to bed and forgot about the entire time it cooked and it was amazing. The skin was nice and crispy and the meat was so moist and tender. I served it with some mashed sweet potatoes.

You can do alot with the meat from this chicken, I made stir fry, soup, and taco meat from it...so it was used for 4 meals. Now that is pretty awesome!

Enjoy! And remember, never be afraid of whole chickens! Then are cheaper and so easy to work with!!

Comments

  1. hi Pina! just put the chicken in! looking forward to the yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it turned out good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting

Turning over a new leaf

Something that makes me mad.