Paleo lifestyle.

So, since I started on this paleo journey I really have not looked back. Part of what I love about it is that I really dont have to think about what I am eating. I mean...obviously it takes some time to meal plan and prepare but I cooked every night before I started so that wasnt to hard of a transition for me. What I mean when I say you dont have to think about it is when you are eating high quality fruit, veggies, nuts, and meat there is no need to count calories or feel guilty after you eat. I used to eat a meal and instantly feel super fat and gross (I know that is also an insecurity thing, not just a food quality thing). Now I eat a meal and move on...well...usually I think about how delicious it was :)

My version of paleo is a little more strict than the average person. For most people the bottom line is no gluten, and avoid corn, legumes, grains, dairy, sugars and sweeteners. The average paleo person will have a corn tortilla every once in a while. Some grass fed milk, and even honey or agave. I cannot have any of those things because of endometriosis. My purpose in doing this diet is to stop the endometrial cells from growing outside my uterus. Apparently it is all about regulating insulin levels.

Now the first 3 or 4 weeks I was doing really well, but I was still eating quite a bit of fruit and nuts. Now I am really focusing on limiting my fruit intake. Right now I am eating about 1/2 a serving of fruit a day. I am really trying to naturally cure this thing!!

Alot of the recipes I use come from various sources. But recently I purchased the book, "Everyday Paleo". It is written by a mom from my hometown. It is not just a cookbook...it is an amazing resource. I even tried one of the workouts in the back of the book today...kicked my butt!! The recipes are super easy. One night when I had to work my husband had offered to make dinner. I had planned on making the lasagna from the book but ran out of time. My husband offered to make it and let me be honest...I was not an optimist about it. My husband doesn't have as much cooking experience as I do so I try to leave him really simple recipes when I cant make dinner. When I came home from work the next morning (I work nights) the house smelled amazing. I ate some of the lasagna for breakfast that day and it was so good! My point with this story is that a lasagna is something I NEVER thought my husband could make and he did it. The recipe was so well written and easy to follow.

Every recipe I have tried has been so good. If you cant get the book you should definitely check out her blog because she posts tons of recipes and has a great pod cast. Her blog is at www.everydaypaleo.com .

Anyways, so I get alot of my ideas from there, but people have been asking me for some of my own recipes so I am going to start posting them here. Mainly so I don't forget!

This was a really long post...sorry!!

Comments

  1. I am so proud of you. I really am. :) I am praying for you, and your body, and that this food diet helps naturally heal your body. love you!
    Lar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting

Turning over a new leaf

Surgery