Documenting my life



This semester has been hard.
We are tired...of school, of studying, of always having more school work to do, of not having any time together...and much more.
I feel like our marriage has been strong though. We have been weary and procrastinating. I just feel like I have been in school for so long!
The good news is I got a new journal which always helps me to get in the word more. I have had quite a few journals over the years. They are all usually half complete because whenever I feel as though I am entering a new season in life I start a new journal.

We received a gift card to a wonderful restaurant for Christmas so I decided to bring my camera and document one of the very rare date nights we had. It was so fun and relaxing and we had great fellowship. I embarrassed my husband by taking pictures of our food and stuff, however I don't care.

Let me just say that this salad was by far the best meal I have ever eaten at a restaurant. At first I was a little skeptical, I believe it was called a flash grilled romaine salad. Let me just say that grilled romaine lettuce is so good! It was tossed in a jalapeno ranch dressing with kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and feta cheese. It was absolutely amazing...I will go back (when we get another gift card :) and get it again.

After dinner Sean got coffee and I got tea at the naked lounge. It was good. We sat together and read an interesting article from a local paper about someone who was born in the 50's. It was good...and interesting...and a little sad.
Here we are looking cute :)
Good tea, good coffee.
Me reading.


We have been going on dates more often lately. We realized just how great it was to relax together...and I think the frequency of dates will help us along with the Lord's grace help us to not only get through this semester (Sean's last, my second to last) but to finish well.

Comments

  1. You two look great! Glad you're enjoying one another - that's how you get married, and that's how you stay married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. date nights are important. I'm glad youre able to be having those. also, that salad looked AWESOME. I just recently bought a journal at Barnes and Knoble, and it always helps my devotion life. I love that youre able to do that. I love you and miss you my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laurie! Laura (wow, it is interesting that the 2 comments I got were from laurie and laura) I had a dream that I was in bible college again and I was so miserable. I was hating sharing a room with all of the girls and I could not understand why I was there and not in nursing school! Ha...it is funny to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those dreams every once in awhile and they're nightmares.:) although I do miss the fellowship, sharing a room with 5 other girls, and having a curfew. no thanks! :) miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting

Turning over a new leaf

Something that makes me mad.