my 2nd recipe post!

ok....so I am really excited about this. I am eating it right now and it is amazing. I think I will call it...Mexican Inspired Tangy Beefy Thing.

Ok so the ingredients are...

-21/2 cups of green salsa (costco is selling an amazing green salsa right now, really flavorful and cheap)
-1 cup brown rice
-Some cut of beef...probably half a pound...
-1/3 of a block of cream cheese
-Chile powder
-Lemon pepper
-A little bit of onion
-Some frozen peas

1. Start off by cooking your brown rice. It takes about 40 minutes to cook and the rest of the meal is really quick. Pour 1 cup of water mixed with 2 cups of the green salsa into a pot, add rice and bring to a boil, add about 1/2 cup of frozen peas. Once it is boiling evenly put the lid on and turn the heat on low and let it simmer for about 40 minutes.
2. Watch part of an episode of Parenthood, cry, laugh...long for children...oh wait, that is optional :) Just basically wait until you have about 20 minutes left for the rice or not...I dont really care.
3. Cut beef into thick strips, the trick to doing this is to either have it be partially thawed or put it in the freezer for 1/2 hour before you cut it. It will be stiff enough to cut into thin strips.
4. Sautee some onion (cut into teeny tiny pieces) in a little olive oil for about 2 minutes.
5. Add meat, a palm size helping of chile powder, a dash of salt, and some lemon pepper. Stir fry for about 2 minutes. Beef cooks really fast so dont overdo it.
6. Add cream cheese and the remaining 1/2 cup of green salsa, and stir it around until it melts into a wonderful creamy tangy goodness.
7. By now your rice is probably done so spoon some onto your plate and cover it with the beefy, cheesy, goodness.

About the beef, I dont know anything about it. I just buy what is cheap at costco. I would also reccomend adding a spinach salad to this or maybe somed sauteed bell peppers and put them on top. Because you need more veggies than this recipe had to offer. I just didnt want to go to eh store and buy it.

When Sean came home I informed that I was experimenting in the kitchen. This was a succesful experiment.

Oh, and for you veggies, I recommend mixing some beans and cream cheese with the rice mixture. Beans and brown rice make a complete protein!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting

Turning over a new leaf

Something that makes me mad.