today is my first day of clinicals where I will be caring for a patient without a partner! I am glad...and nervous. I know that I have no reason to be nervous, my fellow students are there to help me, and my teachers. I really have nothing to be nervous about. I just want to be the best nurse I can be and I really want to get as much as I possibly can out of these clinicals. In order to get alot out of them I need to be ready and willing to do any procedures that I hear about. If I hear a nurse talking about inserting a catheter I need to volunteer...I am scared...but I know that God will be there. I have been realizing the presence of God more lately. Not feeling...but realizing; realizing that He is present...it gives me great peace...until someone asks who wants to do a catheter...then I will panic :)

Comments

  1. Yeah. That wouldn't be fun.
    Imagine HAVING some put IN a catheter!

    That might help lessen your panic and be a better catheter installer;-) There might come a day when you are glad someone else is the best catheter installer they could possibly be! That's something to be proud of! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might help just to remember you're just there to help out folks who need help. Tony might not like me saying this, but after his appendectomy last year the anesthesia left him unable to urinate. He was in so much agony that he really needed help, in the form of a catheter. It wasn't fun, but that nurse really helped him out of a bad spot and he knew it. You're learning to be that person. You are going to a blessing from God to so many people every day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting

Turning over a new leaf

Something that makes me mad.