Christmas rambling and santa confusion

Why do parents lie to their kids about santa and then get upset when other kids tell their kids the truth?
I dont get it and I dont want to do that to my future kids. I think I will tell them the history about St. Nicholas and that people make believe that he comes and brings us gifts, but I will not tell him that he is real. It feels so wrong to lie to your kids...and then when they question it to insist that Santa is real. People wonder why their kids dont listen to them.

I am so happy to celebrate christmas. Jesus came to the earth! That is the most amazing thing that has happened in the history of mankind. I also think that Jesus coming to this earth to be a living sacrifice for us is something that we all should be celebrating and contemplating daily. The American christmas complete with a tree, stockings, presents, yummy food, and gathering of family and friends is nice and fun...and I am happy to partake in it. I love all of the traditions (except Santa) and I love any excuse to get together with friends and family.

God is good and so very gracious, and I am so grateful he came to this earth. I am so humbled that he took our sin upon him, suffered in my place and then proved himself by raising from the dead. Thank you JEsus for everything!

Comments

  1. I started off with the Santa myth with my kids, but abandoned it early on for the very reasons you mention. I didn't like convincing my kids a lie was the truth, feeling it would undermine my future credibility. Also, I wanted them to know who the gifts they received really came from so they could learn to be appreciative and thankful. To this day, they are just that way, making only modest gift requests, and grateful for whatever they receive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting

Turning over a new leaf

Something that makes me mad.