Cabin Fever

I think the hardest part about this whole deal is staying at home. I get so bored...and so tired of being at home all day long. It helps when people come to visit and break up the monotony of it. Good thing this is temporary!! Natalie brought me some awesome thai basil...my last hurrah before embracing this whole paleo world. Jenee brought some soup over which was a huge blessing. Sean even packed it for his lunch the next day. Erica and malachai came over twice. The first time they just hung out. Malachai read some Miley Cyrus magazines and then fell asleep on the couch. The second time they took me to Trader Joe's. My mom and grandma stopped by and dropped off some decaf coffee for me. And my mother in law is making fajitas for my lunch today. I cant wait to cook again. Hopefully my husband will let me soon. He doesn't want me to do anything...ever. I told him that women go through this kind of surgery all the time (c-section) and they have babies to take care of when they get home! Oh well...I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts.

Today Sean left for work and told me that I needed to spend some time in prayer this morning. I had shared with him that I felt like I was wasting my days and that for whatever reason I have not spent any time seeking God during my time at home. That is probably contributing to why I am so annoyed at staying home! So I did...and it helped. I definitely feel better today.

There is a storm raging outside. I love it! Probably because we still have power. And I don't have to be out in it. But to be honest with you...I probably would love to be out in it. I love windy stormy weather. I love bundling up in sweaters, boots, scarves, jackets, and hats and being in the weather.

I called my work today. I am trying to figure out a day when I can go back. My doctor said that I can go back after 2 weeks but I can do no heavy lifting for 4 to 6 weeks. I am anxious to talk to my manager about when I can come back. I guess I just want a start date so that I can have a goal to look forward.

Yesterday was the first day that I actually felt like the pain has gotten better. When I am laying down I get this false sense of no pain. Then when I stand up it hurts. But it is definitely tolerable.

This was kinda a mishmash of subjects...If you read it all the way through I am proud of you!!

Comments

  1. i love you! <3 I love you, all of you. wish i was there to visit with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting

Turning over a new leaf

Something that makes me mad.