Surgery

Well, as of 6: 00 pm yesterday, I am not longer a surgery virgin. I woke friday morning with excruciating pain. I have had ovarian cysts before and they were very painful, but nothing compared to this. Sean came home from work and took me to the hospital where they gave me a cat scan and determined that I had an 8 cm long cyst residing in between my uterus and my intestines. The doctor (the same one who delivered me it turns out) recommended that I have surgery to remove it. He said he would try to save my ovaries and my ability to have kids.

I will be honest...it was a little scary going into surgery, but I have received really great for the nurses here. The doctor ended up having to take one of my ovaries but was able to save the other, thank God. He was really sweet and told me that my fertility was on the forefront of my mind. Most of my girlfriends know about the issues I have been having with my ovaries and overall pelvic pain that I have been experiencing for quite some time now. Well it turns out that I have endometriosis, which was my suspicion for a long time now. He removed all of it, but it will most likely come back. I ask that you all pray that it doesnt come back soon because if it came back and attacked my other ovary, it would hinder by ability to have kids. If that happened I am sure I would be ok and I know that God will sustain me...but I would prefer to keep one of my ovaries for a while :) Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...it means alot to me.

Comments

  1. A nurse friend of mine had surgery too for endometriosis and became pregnant a month later with her first child. She has always had female issues too but now has a healthy baby and is working on another before she is 40, she will be 39 this year. I will pray for you and your husband. Love you.

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it went well for you, and that you're okay.

    My mom had me at almost 42 years of age, with only one ovary. God knows what He has in store for you, but the door is clearly not shut. I will hope and pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Laurie, having a baby at 42 is a miracle, let alone with only one ovary! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting

Turning over a new leaf

Something that makes me mad.