What she are today 11-26

Today started off with Eloise's usual morning apple which allowed me to sit on the couch and drink some coffee before getting started in out real breakfast.

 We had an egg and broccoli scramble made with our pasture raised eggs. It's amazing how delicious eggs are when the chickens are left to do what they are supposed to do. Which is forage, eat grass, weeds and bugs. The shells are super hard and the yolks are a vibrant orange, full off good minerals and cholesterol for a growing brain. 



Eloise also got a spoonful of cocnut oil. She has got used to me giving her a spoonful of coconut every time I use it, so gets a spoonful most mornings. She also are half of a persimmon with her breakfast. 

We went to the store to get a few thanksgiving essentials and Eloise got to have an organic fruit leather thing for the way home. She is so cute, I usually give her a piece ten start driving, when she runs out she signs please and sticks her hand out for it. Also while I was putting the groceries away Weezy took a big bite of raw ginger. I didn't see her do it but I did see her trying deaperately to scrape out her mouth. Haha...

Lunch was leftover beef stew. I have to say this was the most amazing beef stew I have ever made, which is funny because I just threw it together whole Eloise was taking a nap and let it summer on the stove for a couple hours. I will try to post my recipe if I can remember what I did. I used Turri farms 100% grass fed beef. Soooo delicious. 



Weezy also ate some persimmon and kiwi with this lunch. 

We had to run to the farm to get out weekly csa box and Weezy snacked on some rice crackers in the car. I feel like I might be creating a monster, but the only way she tolerates car rides is if I provide her with snacks...so that is exactly what I do. 

After her nap she had some raisins and an apple which kept her occupied long enough for me to throw together a meat loaf, sweet potato fries and some sautéed chard and kale for dinner. Unfortunately it didn't all turn out that great. The meatloaf was good but the fries and veggies were a little salty. I was in a hurry and didn't pay very good attention. Weezy loved the fries and greens so that's good. She wasn't as into the meat but that's ok, because the fries were pretty filling and she are a lot of them. 



Looking back on today I realize that she are a tin of fruit...I hope it don't regret that tomorrow. If you are a parent you probably know what I mean. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting

Turning over a new leaf

Surgery